Forrest Community Services provides at-home aged care to people across the Riverina, so you can continue to live at home with as much independence as possible.
We offer a range of services on a short-term or ongoing basis depending on your needs.
Our services are outlined below. If you require support navigating the aged care system, please call one of our expert Aged Care Solutions staff. Even if you are not yet a customer of The Forrest Centre, you can speak to our friendly staff who are on hand to explain Government rules, talk through the many available options and help you fill in forms.
Call 02 6932 3009 to organise an appointment
Packages and Services
To help you to live in your own home as long as possible, the Australian Government subsidises services and products that support your independence.
Before you can be approved for care, your needs must first be assessed – either by a Regional Assessment Service(RAS) for the Commonwealth Home Support Program or by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for a Home Care Package.
Following your assessment, our team of dedicated case managers will sit down and talk to you about your needs, goals and service preferences to ensure that your package is just right for you.
From a little extra help to managing complex health needs, Forrest Community Services also offers home care options for people who do not meet eligibility requirements for government subsidies.
You can also book one-off or regular private services on top of any government-funded services you receive.
Whichever option you use, Forrest Community Services believes in offering value for money and a simple price structure to ensure you only pay for the care you receive. For obligation free advice on fees, please contact the Aged Care Solutions team on 02 6932 3009.
The types of services you can access include but are not limited to:
- Personal care: assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing and undressing, mobility and communication.
- Domestic assistance: assistance with housework, laundry and home maintenance.
- Nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet: assistance with preparing meals, including special diets for health, religious, cultural or other reasons; assistance with using eating utensils and assistance with feeding.
- Continence management: assistance in using continence aids and appliances. You can read more about the Continence Advisory Service here.
- Mobility and dexterity: providing crutches, walkers, walking sticks, mechanical devices for lifting, tri-pillows, pressure-relieving mattresses and assistance with the use of these aids.
- Social support: assistance with shopping, paying bills and attending appointments, accessing social, recreational and leisure activities to promote a sense of wellbeing and social interaction.
- Nursing, allied health and other clinical services: includes speech therapy, podiatry, occupational or physiotherapy services, hearing and vision services.
- Transport and personal assistance: visiting health practitioners and attending social activities.
- Management of skin integrity: assistance with bandages, dressings and skin emollients.
Angelo and Robyn Trentini have been our customers for three years. They used personal services while Robyn recovered from knee replacement surgery and now use an hour of domestic services each week.
“You can’t do some things anymore when you get older, and it is a bit frustrating. Someone being able to do what you used to do yourself is the great thing. There's no way I can kneel anymore, and to know that they come each week and they clean properly is marvellous. Then everything smells beautiful and it's disinfected and clean for you.”
“It's beneficial in this way, I see that Robyn isn't stressing out. I don't stress. If the floor didn't get swept today it probably wouldn't affect me, but I can see that Robyn gets stressed and having someone come in on Friday, I know that it's going to be clean on Friday night.”
Social Participation Program
Staying connected is an important part of healthy ageing.
Our Social Participation Program supports Forrest Community Services Home Care Package customers with access to social, recreational and leisure activities to promote their sense of wellbeing and social interaction.
Our customers can pick and choose which activities they take part in, such as:
- Gentle exercise group
- Theme lunches (e.g. Christmas in July, Easter, men's, ladies and mixed lunches)
- Day trips
This program is available in the Tumut and Wagga Wagga areas.